This deliciously cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip is perfect for potlucks, parties, and game days! Creamy, spicy, and full of protein for an easy, low-carb appetizer.
Cheesy Chicken Dip
This delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip is a hit at every potluck party! It’s a little spicy, super creamy, and ridiculously delicious. The ranch dressing and buffalo sauce combine to make a crowd favorite appetizer!
This easy dip is baked, but you could easily make this in a slow cooker for an easy potluck crockpot recipe if you prefer. It reheats perfectly, so make a big batch and enjoy for an afternoon snack or fun lunch throughout the week. This versatile, tasty recipe is one you’ll want to save for future occasions and busy weeknights!
This recipe is gluten free, low-carb, and keto friendly, so it’s a great party option for some dieters! This is great with veggies, chips, pretzel bites, even keto chips or pork rinds! It’s indulgent and flavorful without being complicated or too over-the-top. Enjoy for parties to come!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need for this dip. For exact measurements, keep scrolling down to the printable recipe card below.
- Shredded chicken – This can be leftover seasoned chicken, simple quick boiled chicken, or even a store-bought rotisserie chicken. This recipe is PERFECT for using leftover chicken!
- Cream cheese – Softened. You can use full fat or low fat, just make sure it’s nicely softened before mixing so that the cream gets well distributed throughout the dip.
- Ranch dressing – You can use store-bought ranch dressing or make your own; we love this jalapeno ranch dip recipe in case you want to add an extra kick!
- Buffalo sauce – I used Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, but you can use whichever brand or homemade recipe you prefer.
- Cheddar cheese – Shredded. This will be mixed into the dip, then also sprinkled and melted on top for the perfect cheesy finish. You’ll get the creamiest texture by shredding your own cheese from a block.
- Green onions – These add a great texture and mild oniony flavor. These are optional but add a great flavor.
- Blue cheese crumbles – Blue cheese and buffalo sauce are a match made in heaven, so this is naturally the perfect combination! These also look great as extra garnish.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo Chicken Dip comes together SO quickly and easily–It’s perfect for beginner cooks! Here’s a step-by-step guide for making this easy keto-friendly recipe.
Add your buffalo sauce to your shredded chicken, then add softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, green onions, and part of your shredded cheddar cheese. Mix together until well combined.
Pour mixture into greased baking dish and add remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees for a bubbly, creamy, delicious party dip. Top with blue cheese and extra green onions and serve immediately.
This dish is best served piping hot with a side of chips or vegetables for dipping. Extra hot sauce, cheese, or a drizzle of jalapeno ranch can bring this dip to an over-the-top perfect appetizer. Serve with Keto Chips if low carb.
This buffalo chicken dip is best stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. We love scooping it into individual-sized containers so it can become an easy grab-and-go snack! This dip is likely to separate when frozen, so it’s best to only make this a few days ahead of time.
To reheat, place the leftover chicken dip in a baking dish or skillet, cover with foil or a lid, then warm on 350 degrees F for 10-20 minutes or until nice and bubbly. You can microwave individual-sized portions (preferably at 50% power for 30-second bursts) for a quicker prep, too.
If you love this chicken dip, you’ll love these easy appetizers:
- Crock Pot Beer Cheese Dip – This easy beer cheese is made low carb and keto-friendly! Great for parties and game nights.
- Cheesy Crab and Bacon Dip – This is another hot dip with a cream cheese base. It’s such a great comfort food and perfect for a Super Bowl party.
- Smoked Queso – Don’t bother with the kitchen; this is the best summer backyard party appetizer! Made right on the grill with barely any work, you’ll love this convenient recipe.
- Whipped Feta Dip – This is a great make-ahead dip that doesn’t require cooking or any warming! It’s the perfect way to spruce up fresh vegetables.
- Avocado Bacon Dip – Sour cream turns this into such a refreshing, delicious dip! Great with veggies, Mexican food, keto chips, and more.
FAQ’s about creamy chicken dip
No, this buffalo cheese dip can be made with leftover shredded turkey, ground beef, pork, even seafood like shrimp or crab! Cut or shred about 1 pound of meat into small pieces for this dip.
Buffalo chicken is a little spicy, so a sharp cheddar or tangy blue cheese pairs perfectly with it! You could toss in some jalapenos and swap out the blue cheese with cotija for a great Mexican twist, or you could use Pepper jack instead of cheddar to add another spicy hit.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, 1 cup of cheese, and green onions.
- Add the dip to a greased baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with the blue cheese and additional green onions if desired.